Thursday, September 11, 2014

My First Post

So here it is! My first post on my new blog. I've been thinking about starting a blog specifically devoted to ATV's, but never really had a very good reason.
Recently, my boyfriend Austin bought a Can-Am Outlander Max 1000 Limited. (Go big or go home, am I right?) We were both sick of getting all ready to go on a trip really excited to have a great time, and end up coming home in a bad mood from all the arguing we did on the trip. It just isn't comfortable doubling up on a race quad no matter how you do it.
IMG_1764
The brand new quad, still in the parking lot at the dealer.
Now, you might be asking yourself,"Why don't you ride by yourself?" You're probably right. I should be riding by myself. I'm just not really comfortable with foot shifting a quad. I ride the farm quad, a Honda Rancher, all the time, but it is quite hard to turn and super uncomfortable on the trails. I did give it an honest go in Black River Falls, WI., but it just didn't work out.
Anyway, now that we have a quad we can both ride comfortably, we are both determined to ride more often, and go on crazy adventures, even if it is just the two of us. We've already taken it to Monroe, WI., a few times to ride the Cheese Trails and get used to the machine, and I have to say, I'm really excited about what is in store.
IMG_1813
A photo from behind Austin as we rode down the trail.
We have a trip planned in two weeks to Black River Falls, WI. to ride the trails there for a couple days over Austin's weekend. (I say Austin's weekend, because his days off are in the middle of the week.  It's a little goofy.) I hope to be writing some posts in the mean time about how I'm preparing for the trip.
 I'm interested to know how other people out there prepare for their ATV trips. What do you think is necessary to take with you? What kind of gear do you use?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment